The 31st Annual South Dakota North Area Honor Band will present their concert on Saturday, December 3, 2022 at 4:00PM at the Johnson Fine Arts Center on the campus of Northern State University. Dr. Haley Armstrong, director of Bands and Coordinator of Musical Activities at South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, is the director for this year’s event.
Representing twenty-three schools, approximately one hundred students have been selected to participate in the Honor Band. The following students that will represent Groton Area are:
- Ellie Weismantel, Percussion
- Cadance Tullis, Percussion
- Jacob Lewandowski, Percussion
- Gretchen Dinger, Flute
- Carter Barse, Alto Saxophone
- Jackson Dinger, French Horn
- Kamryn Fliehs, Tenor Saxophone
These students are directed by 5-12 Director Desiree Yeigh.
Admission for the concert is $5.00 for the adults and $3.00 for students in grades 1-12.