Happy end of the first week everyone!
Today is the last day, of the first week of the 2020-2021 school year. I am so proud of all of our students for working so hard to accept and adopt the changes that this school year has brought. It is so good to see them back in the building!
Thank you to everyone for working to adopt and practice all social distancing, hand hygiene practices, and all other ways that we can work to keep ourselves, our students, and our community well. Please read below to review dates to be aware of, and some reminders regarding the daily school schedule. Please contact the MS/HS Office at 605-397-8381 if you have questions or need additional copies of any school enrollment forms.
In This Together!
Dates and Things to Know:
August 21- LAST DAY for class changes in the MS/HS for 1st semester
August 24- Student Transportation Forms are due back to the MS/HS office for any JUNIOR AND SENIOR students who will be planning to drive during dual credit, study hall, and lunch time. Please review the following requirements for driving:
- Juniors and Seniors enrolled in a dual credit or study hall, being in good standing with a grade of no less than C- , and having submitted a completed transportation form may check out to drive leaving campus during dual credit, study hall, and lunch times
- Freshman and Sophomore students DO NOT have any driving privileges
- Freshman and Sophomore students may NOT ride with any other student other than their sibling who is a junior or a senior, or a parent or guardian
- No students may go to or be in their vehicles during any time of the school day including lunch hours, with the exception of juniors and seniors who are leaving for dual credit, study hall, or lunch hour; please review School Policy as listed below:
1) Students are not allowed in an automobile at any time during the school day unless special permission to drive or go to the car is obtained from the office.
August 28- First Friday of the school year when students do not come to school, only staff for Instructional Planning
September 4- Second Friday of the school year when students do not come to school, only staff for Instructional Planning
September 7- Labor Day, No School for staff or students
September 11- There IS SCHOOL for staff and students on Friday, September 11th
October 1- Last day to choose Remote Learning for 2nd quarter
School Day Bell Schedule for MS/HS Building
8:18-9:14 first hour
9:18-10:14 second hour
10:18-11:14 third hour
11:18-12:14 FIRST-fourth hour
11:14-11:39 FIRST LUNCH-MS STUDENTS
11:43-12:39 SECOND-fourth hour (MS study hall)
12:14-12:39 SECOND LUNCH-HS STUDENTS
12:43-1:39 fifth hour
1:43-2:39 sixth hour
2:43-3:40 seventh hour